Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Bruce Forsyth's grandson revealed as long-haired rock singer festooned with tattoos

They say showbusiness runs in families - but in the case of Sir Bruce Forsyth’s grandson, it has taken something of a rebel turn.

Luke Purdie is the tattooed, hair-flicking, head-banging lead singer of a heavy metal band called Voodoo Six.

And Sir Bruce, 85, couldn’t be more supportive of his career.

In fact, the Strictly Come Dancing host recenty braved an Iron Maiden concert just to see his  grandson perform.


In an interview with the Daily Mail’s Weekend magazine, published today, Sir Bruce said he wasn’t a fan of his grandson’s style of music but had wanted to watch him play at the huge O2 Arena in London, where Voodoo Six were supporting Iron Maiden.

Explaining why he was spotted at the heavy metal concert, he said: ‘Oh, it wasn’t really to see Iron Maiden. I’m not a heavy metal fan – I’m more soft aluminium.

‘No, my grandson is a singer in the band that were supporting them. They are called Voodoo Six.

‘Anyway they were playing the O2 and I said I wanted to go and see him and the rest of the family said “You can’t go see Iron Maiden”, and I said, “I can and I will!”’

But his grandfather’s attendance at the concert in August must have come as a surprise to 32-year-old Mr Purdie, who has previously said his music is ‘too full-on’ for Sir Bruce.

In 2009, he gave an interview to a music website about his grandfather and their differing opinions on music, saying he had tried to keep his celebrity heritage out of the limelight.

‘We’re very different but I guess it’s the same thing, it’s all entertainment,’ he said.

From Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment